Psalm 34:8

O taste and see that the LORD is good! .....Psalm 34:8

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Waiting...

Well, it's been a few months since we've posted. We've been faithfully working on our debt and longing for the moment when we would be able to say we've been accepted and are waiting to hear back from the agency. Waiting. It's a funny word. It shows just how patient you are, and how wrong your previous opinion on your own level of patience actually is. Waiting. It's what we've been doing - not for the day to come, but just for the day to even begin. Waiting. That can be a rather depressing word, and yet God's word is full of admonitions for us to do just that - wait:

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him;"

I made Psalm 37:4 my life verse a long time ago. "Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." I've tried, and failed often to make Him my pleasure. I've seen times when He has been just that, and my desires are for nothing more than Him, and I've seen Him work desires in me that I have never had before. This adoption is one of those desires. And yet I failed to take the passage as a whole!

He starts by commanding us to trust Him. Does this desire not require trust? He tells us to live and to be faithful. Does this desire not require faithful living? He tells us to commit our way to Him, to trust in Him and know He will act. Should we expect anything less if we truly are following His leading and faithfully living in that light? And He tells us He will use this in our lives to mold us and make us new. We, just have to wait.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." God put us in this very time period that our faith might be tested, and in so testing might give us the patience we need to wait. When we look at all that God has done in this process so far, and see all that He has provided, how can we see this as anything but a wonderful thing?

Yes. We wait. Yes. We have a strong desire. But as has been my prayer since the beginning and will continue to be my prayer, I ask that God works in us to make us ready for our little guy. Looks like He's been answering my prayer.

His,

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Praying with you guys and excited with you for the next part of your journey to begin!

    ReplyDelete