Psalm 34:8

O taste and see that the LORD is good! .....Psalm 34:8

Friday, August 6, 2010

Adopted for Life by Russell D. Moore

The last two weeks have been spent reading this book! What a challenge! We were given this book by some dear friends after talking to them about our desire to live out James 1:27. God is good! We are going to begin a journey of adoption and see where God takes us......Lord willing, to Ethiopia or Rwanda. We are excited! We are scared! We are unsure of the timing....which is REALLY hard! We are completely dependent on God to move us in His direction.

We need prayer! Here are some ways that you can pray for us:

1. Debt.....we are in the process of paying off current debt. Kevin is, most likely, going to be working a 2nd job through the end of the year. We would love to see this paid off by the end of 2010! BIG PRAISE.....we just received almost 1/2 the $ necessary to pay this off!!!!!!!! We are already seeing God's hand at work!
2. Housing.....that God would clearly show us the timing of either selling/buying or how our current housing situation will work for what He has called us to do.
3. Adoption process......that we would see God work and move in a way that only HE can be GLORIFIED!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Truly my words cannot express . . . so very happy for you guys! My heart is filled with what we continue to see God do, and I am so excited to walk this journey alongside you and have the privilege of seeing God's glory reflected through you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we are praying for you all and are here for you in any way you need! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys!!! You're such great parents and we're praying that God will lead the way in all of this. Glad you can keep us updated on this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blogs! I did NOT know that you were looking to adopt! That is SO EXCITING!! If you have not read Tom Davis's Red Letters-- you should. He is on FIRE for orphans in Africa. I hope that the Lord will allow me to serve him there one day! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing...loved reading your first post! Can I add you to my blog roll?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah....you know how I feel! Thanks for praying and being there for us!
    Jen....Love you too and YES, thanks for the prayers and support!
    Kris....Kevin is trying to get in touch w/your dad! oops! Thanks for the prayers and encouragement. I'm new at blogging so hopefully I'll keep it updated! :-)
    Michelle....I've never read that and will look into it! I love your heart for orphans!
    Nina....yes! I'll add yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last night I received the best phone call I've had in like forever. I'm so excited for my "baby" brother and his family. It really seems like all the puzzle pieces are coming together. You guys are SO lucky, you really have the American dream!! :) I love you all!! Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, you will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this wonderful journey in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn...thanks! I know you know alot about adoption!
    Kathy....I'm glad you're excited for us! That means alot! Our desire is to see God glorified through this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting; can't wait to (continue)seeing God' hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to reading your testimony as it unfolds. I am encouraged already as you give God the Glory for miracles along the way.

    ReplyDelete